The website www.hyperlayer.com is operated by HyperJar Limited ("we", "us", "our"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10130583 and have our registered office at 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, the data controller is HyperJar Limited of 71-75 Shelton Street, London, WC2H 9JQ.
Personal and non-personal information
Personal information is information that can be used to uniquely identify a single person. We also collect non-personal information, or may anonymise personal information in order to make it non-personal. Non-personal information is information that will not allow a specific individual to be identified. We may collect, store, use, transfer and disclose non-personal information for any purpose; for example, the use of aggregated transactional information for commercial purposes.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website hyperlayer.com ( our site ) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service(s), search for a product, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. If you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm that you have given them the information set out in this notice and that they have given permission for us to use their information as set out in this notice.
Information we collect about you
When you visit our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet, your login identifier (if relevant), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Information we receive from other sources
This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers,) and may receive information about you from them. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data if we intend to share such data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Uses made of the information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you (for example, to provide you with any products and/or services which you have requested);
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests (for example, undertaking analysis and research for the purposes of improving our website user experience); and
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation (for example, equal opportunities monitoring).
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, where this is required or permitted by law. Generally, we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
We may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data. Please contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- To notify you about changes to our service;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users where we have this. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If HyperJar or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside either the United Kingdom or European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or access code which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone, and you authorise us to act upon instructions and information from any person that enters your user id or password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to object to how we use your personal information. You also have the right to see what personal information we hold about you. In addition, you can ask us to correct inaccuracies, delete or restrict personal information or to ask for some of your personal information to be provided to someone else. To make enquiries for further information about exercising any of your rights in this Privacy Notice, please contact us at email@example.com.
You are entitled to exercise any of the following privacy rights:
Right to object: You can object to our processing of your personal information. Please contact us as noted below, providing details of your objection.
Access to your personal information: You can request access to a copy of your personal information that we hold, along with information on what personal information we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making.
Right to withdraw consent : If you have given us your consent to use your personal information to send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link in any marketing email which you receive.
Rectification: You can ask us to change or complete any inaccurate or incomplete personal information held about you.
Erasure: You can ask us to delete your personal information where it is no longer necessary for us to use it, you have withdrawn consent, or where we have no lawful basis for keeping it.
Portability: You can ask us to provide you or a third party with some of the personal information that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, electronic form, so it can be easily transferred.
Restriction: You can ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you where you have asked for it to be erased or where you have objected to our use of it.
Make a complaint : You can make a complaint about how we have used your personal information to us by contacting us as noted below, or to a supervisory authority – for the UK this is the Information Commissioner's Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
Please make all requests to exercise your privacy rights in writing to our DPO at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are required to verify your identity in order to process your request and may ask you to provide valid identification documents to allow us to do so.
We will not make any charge for responding to any request from you to exercise your privacy rights, and we will respond to your requests in accordance with our obligations under data protection legislation.
Third party websites
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Our website does not use "cookies" so you don't have to worry about us tracking you across the web!
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you.
We may also hold your personal information for longer where it is necessary to do so for the management of any active or potential legal proceedings, to resolve or defend claims, and for the purpose of making any necessary remediation payments.
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and, where appropriate, notified to you by e-mail. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to our privacy notice.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to email@example.com.